Malamulo Seventh-day Adventist Hospital is a denominational organization, a Subsidiary of Malawi Union Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and a member of the Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM), and through an MOU it functions as part of Adventist Health International Malawi (AHI). It is situated in Thyolo District, 75 kilometers South East of Blantyre and surrounded by many villages in a rural area of low-income communities, amidst tea plantations. The Hospital started as a mission station in 1915, and became a clinic (Leprosarium) in 1937 and has now developed into a full-fledged medical institution delivering health services to many people in Malawi. The operations of Malamulo Hospital extended to Ngabu in Chikwawa District, where was once based its leprosy project between 1975 and 1995; it attracts clients even from as far as Mozambique. The Hospitals present capacity is 270 beds with a staff establishment of 260. Besides rendering general health care services, Malamulo Hospital has since 1938 been running a medical training school which started with enrolling “Medical assistants only” later, it enrolled nurses, midwives and laboratory technicians in 1953 and 1968 respectively. Today, Malamulo Hospital has expanded its services with a Pan-African Association of Christian Surgeons (PAACS), Residency Programme being introduced in 2015 accredited by COSESCA. The first graduation was done in 2020. Currently the programme has residents from Malawi, Liberia, Cameroon and Zimbabwe.
To provide competent healthcare and training through skilled staff members,priotizing the health of our patients with a special emphasis on spritual care.
To be the preffered provider for specialized health care and training in Malawi and beyond.
Putting patients first,Comptetent and skilled staff,spritual health.